The All American quart pressure cooker canner is the best rated pressure cooker. All the pressure cookers from this line are premium quality so any one of them promises equal superb quality and performance. The All American 21 ½ quart pressure cooker canner will be reviewed here so you will be able to see that you are getting the cream of the crop as far as pressure cooker canners go.
Features of the All American 21 ½ Quart Pressure Cooker Canner
- The All American quart pressure cooker canner has the capacity to hold, as its name suggests 21 ½ quarts of liquid.
- The design of the lid does not include the typical rubber gasket, rather it locks in the air and maintains pressure through metal to metal contact and remains sealed because of the steam.
- The lid locks in place by several clamping wing nuts which span the circumference of the lid and are screwed shut to secure it.
- It has a conveniently placed handle on top of the lid for easy opening.
- It is made of hand cast aluminium which makes it sturdy and durable and weighs in at 20 lbs. Part of the weight has to do with the fact that the body is double walled. This contributes to even heating, even though it may take longer to heat up than a regular light weight pressure cooker and also to cool down.
- The dimensions are 15 x 16 x 17 inches, which makes it very spacious and able to handle large volumes.
- The pressure canner comes with a geared pressure gauge and a weight which accounts for pressures of 5, 10 and 15 psi.
- The All American quart pressure cooker canner is also designed to automatically release pressure whenever it gets too high. It does so through air release vents and a plug on top of the lid.
- The pressure cooker canner also comes with two racks which make it possible to stack a double row of pint jars and a single row of the longer quart jars.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the All American 21 ½ Quart Pressure Canner
- The All American 21 ½ quart pressure cooker canner does not use a gasket. Instead, it creates a steam tight seal through metal to metal contact created between the mouth of the pot and the lid. That also means that the cost associated with replacing gaskets and cleaning is eliminated for the entire life of the pressure canner.
- The handle is made of material that does not heat up during cooking and the placement of it on top of the lid makes it unlikely that you will be burned while trying to remove the lid.
- The built in safety feature of automatic pressure release if it surpasses the desired pressure, puts the minds of many at ease who many not be very comfortable with the idea of cooking at high pressures.
- There is no other pressure cooker canner on the market that is made to handle the volumes that All American quart pressure cooker canners are designed to accommodate.
- The size of this All American quart pressure cooker canner allows it to accommodate up to 19 pint jars stacked in a double layer or up to 7 quart jars. This is a lot of space for when large volumes are required and a great time saver.
I was only able to unearth one disadvantage of the All American quart pressure cooker canner. Some have complained about the lid being a little difficult to remove after cooking. This can however be easily remedied by oiling the lid every now and again which will make it easier to remove.
Conclusions about the All American 21 ½ Quart Pressure Canner
The All American quart pressure cooker canner is an exceptional buy to be used as a home cooker canner. It is sturdy and well built and has been rated as the best pressure cooker canner on the market. It is certainly professional grade and worth the little over $200 it costs to obtain one. The design has been well thought out and the safety features provide security to anyone wanting to get into canning. When you purchase an All American quart pressure cooker canner, you know that you are getting value for money and a durable product that will last for decades.